kusema ukweli: The Samuel Wanjiru Connection

 
Samuel Wanjiru's death on that fateful May night/early morning gave birth to kusema ukweli. I vividly remember being shell-shocked during my morning ride as the news of his death filtered through. "Oh! What a tradegy! What a waste!" I recall thinking.

One of my proudest moments as a Kenyan was watching Samuel Wanjiru during the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing not only win Kenya's first gold medal in the marathon but also break the world record for the event. My heart burst with pride as he sank to the ground in prayer at the finish line - that image will forever remain with me.

I had been thinking for a while of letting out the material that is in this blog to the world. I had even approached a local radio station to see how I would go about it. Wanjiru's passing provided me with the needed catalyst to find my way of publishing what had been revealed to me steadily but surely over time. If Wanjiru, with all his talent and the world at his feet, would die so unexpectedly and so ruthlessly, what made me think that tomorrow was mine? Wanjiru died with his talent, never to don his running shoes again. I certainly did not want to die with all that God, in one way or another, had made known to me. I did not want to stand before Him in His Majesty and have to answer as to why I kept it all to myself.

kusema ukweli is certainly controversial. Most of my friends and colleagues who were my first ardent readers slowly stopped coming back when they found the stinging truth in here. I have also received alot of flak from the tattoing community and others who do not want to hear the truth and are set in their ways. kusema ukweli is not about me. kusema ukweli is not about pleasing anyone. kusema ukweli is about telling God's truth in this deceitful world.

It is my sincerest hope that when my day to leave this treacherous world comes, I will not die without have lived up to my full potential.

Popular Posts